Sunday, July 29, 2007

I'm baaaaaaack!

I know you have all waited patiently (or at least most of you) as I studied for the California Bar exam. Thank God that hell is over. So anyways, I have a crazy month of vacations planned, so my postings will be sporadic. Don't worry, I'll get into a routine before the season starts. So here is my first post-bar posting! Leave comments!

1. I know I’m about to have the best month ever! Not only is the bar over with, and my twelve freaking hour days in the library, but I was able to get a whole month off from work. I’ll be hanging out in San Diego, enjoying boredom; then Ill be heading to Laughlin to gamble away all the money I don’t have, then going on a cruise, followed by a two-week stint in good ol’ Arizona to visit friends, family, and to conduct TWO fantasy football drafts.

2. I know the Atlanta Falcons will be the worst team in football. Face it, its not like they were good last year. They went 7-9 after starting 3-1 in a season where Michael Vick rushed for over 1000 yards. Moreover, the circumstances of Vick’s departure will plague the Falcons all year long. Now they are forced to start Joey Harrington with a 23-43 win-loss record and a career passer rating below 70. Finally to top it all off Warrick Dunn their leading rusher is out. I expect their inexperienced coach to lead them to a 3-13 record.

3. I know Daunte Culpepper will unfortunately be a Tampa Bay Buccaneer. I HATE this! I can’t believe Golden was right. It is really unbelievable! However, Chris Simms still hasn’t recovered from his spleen removal. It seems he is subconsciously protecting his torso while playing, and it has screwed up his mechanics. The Bucs need to upgrade their back-up QB situation. If the Bucs sign Daunte, then I think they will likely drop Simms. Gradkowski is not ready to be a back-up yet, but his potential should keep him as the team’s third string QB. (Little known fact about Gradkowski is that in high school he played in the Western Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic League in Pennsylvania topping records set by Dan Marino, Joe Montana, Joe Namath, and Johnny Unitas… maybe you heard of them.) The Bucs season (and Gruden’s career) will live or die with Garcia’s play. I wish my boy Plummer would save the day and report to camp!

4. I know that Simeon Rice will be a Detroit Lion. Rice has a great relationship with Detroit head coach Rod Marinelli who was formerly the Bucs defensive line coach. If Matt Millen does something smart and ponies up the dough, the Lions could add a defensive play-maker improving their 28th ranked Defense last year that gave up over 345 yards per game.

5. I know that if I catch Bonds’ record breaking homerun ball, I’m selling it. For those I didn't text, the Giants are playing the Padres this Friday and I got fourth row seats in the section that sticks out of the right-field corner. So hopefully Bonds doesn't break the record during his three L.A. games this week, and the Giants don't end up resting him on Friday. So if I catch that ball there’s no giving it back, and getting an autograph in return. An auction house has already made a MILLION dollar offer for the ball that they were forced to retract for safety precautions. So like my boy Asante Samuels says I’ll need to “Get Paid!” I got bills! So show me the money!

11 comments:

Ricardo said...

Welcome back, Dave! Good job on the bar!

The topic of my first comment must be this fantastic example of one reason why I love football so much. No other sport can create this type of joy and unity.

Falcons: Will suck. Best case scenario is to go with a very young team and call it a rebuilding year. That would be the only way to get some people to cheer for ya.

Bucks: Will semi-suck. A couple of upsets here and there. That's it.

Bonds: Jerk. I'm reposting (and revising) my "catching the ball" scenario:

I'd sharpie half of it to look like a soccer ball, and write on the other half: "Any game that endangers its players and deceives its fans by tolerating drug use doesn't deserve to be called America's Favorite Pastime." Then I'd Ebay it, all proceeds secretly going to the US Soccer Foundation... after paying off my student loans.

Corey said...

This is what we've been waiting for? I'm disappointed.

1. Zzzzzz....
2. Already been talking Harrington in the previous post's comments.
3. Zzzz...
4. Zzzz...
5. See previous comments again.

Brad said...

Dave, you (expletive deleted) suck. I can copy and past info from ESPN and SI's rumor sections and call them my opinions but I don't. Lame

centojack81 said...

I'd throw it back.

Unknown said...

RIP Bill Walsh

Brad said...

Funny how Dave's NFL related "I Knows" on his last post are oh so accurate....Daunte to Bucs, Rice to Lions....good call, jackass

Corey said...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ricardo said...

Ok, let's see if i can liven this up a little:

I know that...

there's trouble afoot for Matt Leinart. Off the field trouble.

the Arizona Cardinals will change their name in the next couple of years... to the Phoenix Cardinals. Just kidding. They will though.

the Washington Redskins will not be a real superbowl contender until they upgrade their logos and uniforms, just like what happened to the Broncos.

Corey said...

Does anyone else love that Direct TV commercial with Peyton & Fam and Leinart?

Agreed on the Skins jerseys, though they might actually need some players worth wearing new jerseys first...

centojack81 said...

Dave, you must tell the masses of your upcoming spaceship adventure.

bgolden said...

Hey y'all. I wrote a prediction for the Bears' season about a week and a half ago, but Dave was on his cruise. Now he is not on his cruise and he is neglecting his blog. Anyway, the Bears are going back to the Super Bowl. And I am happy about that.