Thursday, September 27, 2007

You heard it here first!

So I just wanted to get in one of those "I told you so" moments.

On July 9, 2007, when the yankees were below .500, 8 1/2 games back from the wildcard, and every one had written them off, I CORRECTLY predicted the Yankees would make the playoffs. And that is exactly what they did last night. The Yankees have secured a playoff birth, and might actually still win their division for the 13th straight time. I told you, you can't have a $200 million dollar payroll and not make the playoffs. The deficit was too small to write them off with half a year remaining. I knew, and now you know, those predictions where they completely wrote off the Yankees were ridiculous. So "Ben" who called me an "idiot" what do you got to say now? Why don't you go back to sucking on the football field, or crashing your motorcycle again.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

If a madman rants on a blog, and no one is around to read or hear it, does it make a point?

Corey said...

Excellent point. I've been waiting for someone to write something so I could ask Golden, "What happened to Rex?" and, "How are those Bears?"

bgolden said...

Wow, there's a new topic... and it is not about football. sigh. I have plenty to say about the Bears, Corey, and I appreciate your anticipation of what that may be--but let's face it, man.. this blog is dead. All of the excitement of this young NFL season, and nary a comment about it on this NFL blog. Our attempts to validate this as a forum to discuss football topics, however Bears-heavy it may have been, have been for naught, my friend. We have failed. Historians will come across this blog some day and weep for the brilliance that it was, for it was clearly too short-lived. Its authors had so much more to offer. But I write not for the historians. I write for all of you. And this audience has moved on. Now, so must I. This writer is now mute.

Please stop cheering. bebo.

Ricardo said...

The Mighty Yanks